Thursday, January 25, 2007

Severed Limbs and Paper Clips


A pushy hand has made its debut in advertising. I'm not sure which agency Office Depot has hired (and will soon fire) to create these halloween-esque ads. See the Original. See Jay Leno's Version.

The last time a severed hand jumped unexpectedly out of a box and waved me to Office Depot, I proceeded to vomit all over the place, much like I'd enjoy vomiting on these ads.

I'm not sure which is worse - the hand or the theme song. The sad thing is, someone(s) was(were) paid money to sing that crap. I wonder if they put that glamorously repetitious piece of wizardry in their portfolios. Do theme-song-singers have portfolios? They must have a reel...

...I digress.

Andy L. posted this on another site -

"My problem with the hand is that I keep expecting it to grab someone inappropriately. Also; it is very pushy; it points at things three times when once would be just fine, thank you."
No truer words have been spoken Andy.

Here's a hand that should be in your new ads...along with an apology:




No comments: