Monday, September 10, 2007

Good morning, Monday.


A large cup of liquid energy with 2 advils on the side. [insert breakfast of champions comment here.]

It's gross here. Pouring rain. Crashing thunder. A nice change from the monotony of sunshine and heat. I love storms, so long as they're storms. I can't handle long days of endless gray-skied nothingness.


The only thing that made today's storm horrible was my dog. When he can't hold his bladder any longer (say, after a 7-hour night's sleep) he'll lose all control at the front entrance to our apartment complex. Granted, he's outside...but he's still peeing where everyone walks.

The horrible part is that he runs ahead of me, so he beats me to the door, then there's no one to open it for him, so he squats. In an effort to thwart his urination this morning, I ran toward him to open the door/push him so he'd stop peeing. I put on the breaks as I approached and the rain on the sidewalk combined with my shoes lack of tread made for what appeared to be a slip n' slide. I fell on my ass. Hard.

So he relieved himself, I almost swam in it, and I had 5 minutes to leave for work. Awesome. So my breakfast of choice includes the above mentioned for good reason. Damn dog.

2 comments:

Bukes said...

I have no words of encouragement for this.

Ooo, actually, I think mornings like this are a good excuse to treat yourself to something special. Perhaps a muffin? Or afternoon margarita?

Dave said...

I actually miss looking out of a window and seeing 75. *tear*