Monday, September 03, 2007

Richmond.

Thanks to everyone who came out Saturday night - and all those who would have if it weren't for their grandmother's 90th birthday (Slate). And sorry to anyone I forgot to call or forewarn.

It was both nice and strange seeing everyone again. I felt like I belonged and I was supposed to stay. Like this was the way I had expected things to be for the next couple of years. The way I had planned it.

It feels odd to think that I've got a whole other life now in Texas. And tomorrow I'll be going back to it. It's a life I didn't plan for. But at the same time, it's a life I look forward to. It's new and exciting and it wouldn't be if I had planned it.

So as I head back to The Lone Star, I want to thank you for making it feel like I never left. It made the drive well worth it.


And although I left my camera in the car while we were at Sine, I did catch this wall art on my way back to Virginia Beach. It says:

Richmond. The images of history shape, provoke, and inspire us. They help us to see who we have been and what we might become.

How appropriate. Interesting placement of the porta-potties.

2 comments:

Bukes said...

I hope you're taking notes on these things for your great american novel.

It was good to see you back at SIne with everyone.

ME said...

I was wondering what the porta potties at the end of the quote might represent?