Friday, September 14, 2007

Ross.

Here's a guy I admire. He's so positive about his work, and so passionate about it, it's contagious. In a rut this afternoon, I watched the "Royal Majesty" series. It seems to be the only one posted online. This is one of 3 webisodes that complete the whole 30 minute segment.

After watching it, I was rut-free and excited. So many of the things he does are metaphoric for advertising. His finished product doesn't generally stand out to me as being solely a "Ross." In fact, they look like every other painting I've ever seen hanging in an IHOP, Hampton Inn, and early-nineties office building. Not having a unique product could be bad, I guess. But I could sit and watch his process all day.

Every mark he makes I find myself saying, "Oh, way to go Bob. You just ruined the painting you've been laboring over for the past 20 minutes by putting that huge blob in the middle." And then, he turns that huge blob into a beautiful mountain range. Somehow, he morphs it and everything is back on track.

Wish I could have the confidence to throw more blobs around in the hope that they'll morph into something greater than the whole. Rock it out, Bob. Make those trees happy. They sure make me happy.

4 comments:

Bukes said...

I wish that guy could have been my AD prof.

ME said...

I wish he could have been my LIFE prof.

wait...no I don't.

ME said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I like.