Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Burger Review: Jack In The Box

#8 Jumbo Jack with cheese
Small

Regular Fries

Dr. Pepper



This burger was good. But nothing spectacular. It was like a smaller version of the Whopper. (As I remember the Whopper from the last time I had it - about 8 years ago.) And a decent overall drive-thru experience for my first trip to the establishment.



The condiments were kept to a minimum. There was just one turd of mayo that squirted out the whole time. The buns were toasted which was nice. And I guess it tasted like it wasn't made until I ordered it. A theme JITB seems to be rolling with.


The fries were cool. They looked like real steak fries. With a little potato skin on them and everything. But some were flimsy and felt like fast food style fries. Which I guess is what they are.


I guess I'll go back here. But probably not in the near future. Unless I find myself starving at 4am some random Friday evening. (They're opened 24 hours then.)

Overall Rating: B+

Up next: What-a-burger

2 comments:

Bukes said...

Oh man, Jack in the Box. We loved that place as kids in Palo Alto, until it killed a bunch of other kids. And then when we had a group feast two years ago, we all got sick and thought about those sad, dead children.

Think about the children, Dana.

ME said...

Oh, Buker.

They've cleaned up their act since then. It's probably one of the best places to get a clean burger - ever.

Sshh!