Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snuggie

Like most people remember where they were when Kennedy was assassinated, I too recall the moments when I saw ground breaking ads. I remember the first time I saw a MasterCard "Priceless" spot. The first "I'm a Mac/PC" spot. And now, the first time I saw the Snuggie spot.

I was at the gym on the treadmill. It came on one of the many TVs without sound. Yet, still, I struggled to keep myself from dropping limp on the conveyor belt below me as I watched the horror unfold.

I could hear the announcer in my head - he was brimming with excessive joy and enthusiasm for this groundbreaking device that lets you enjoy the comforts of a blanket without all the hassle! (What?)

I usually enjoy 800 commercials. They're sly use of over acting and making simple things seem extraordinarily complex thrills me to no end. But this one took it over the edge.

Now, you too can experience the pleasure. Here's the original followed by an extremely well made spoof that pretty much sums up what everyone's thinking. Don't wait! View yours today!

ORIGINAL



SPOOF


No comments: