Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Post Secret

Frank Warren is a genius. He simply created a medium where people can anonymously and publicly disclose their fears, hopes, dreams, funny stories, and otherwise crazy secrets. I have the first book sitting on my desk here at work. It serves as inspiration.

It amazes me how some people are able to translate huge secrets with the fewest, yet most impactful (not a word...I know, but still) words and images. Take this one for example:



I find it so nice how the words and visual work so well together. Separate them and they make no sense on their own. You need both to make the whole story in your mind.

You have to think. Just a bit. And it feels good.

Maybe they're good because of Warren's simple instructions for submitting secrets:

Be brief - the fewer words used the better.
Be legible - use big, clear and bold lettering.
Be creative - let the postcard be your canvas.
Perhaps these would make for good guidance when creating things less voyeuristic and interesting. Things like, oh...I don't know...



No comments: