Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Models need not apply.

Target hosts "the world's first model-less fashion show."

Today is the second of two days that headless holograms have replaced run-way models in Vanderbilt Hall at Grand Central Terminal in New York to put on a virtual fashion show for Target.

I'm not sure what the purpose is. Perhaps it's the buzz generated by the cool factor - that Target is a cool and trendy, yet technologically savvy mass-supplier of basic fashion. Or maybe it's to make a statement much like Dove did - that girls' role models aren't very good models at all. (Headless holograms are way better.)

But at any rate, I fail to see the coolness in this video I found displaying some of the show. I think it's one of those "had to be there" kind of things. In which case I wonder, was it a good move for this dinky retailer from Minneapolis?

(It also made me think I reeeaaallllly want to see a hologram in person some time.)

No comments: